VX ConnectBot is an enhanced version of the popular open-source telnet and secure shell (SSH) client ConnectBot.
Features and enhancements:
- based on ConnectBot version 1.7.1
- background file transfer (SCP protocol)
- save console screenshots (PNG)
- character picker dialog (on-screen button and hardware SYM key)
- single line input (on-screen button)
- long press menu (toggle full screen mode, change font size)
- bottom-line on-screen buttons with tap-and-hold support
- new key mappings (hardware keyboard)
- ssh-agent (by Roberto Tyley)
- x11 forwarding (useful with Android X Server)
- save SSH keys as files
New key mappings:
- Camera button (customizable): defaults to Screen Capture
- ALT + Up Arrow: Page Up
- ALT + Down Arrow: Page Down
- ALT + Left Arrow: Home
- ALT + Right Arrow: End
- ALT + Backspace: Insert
- Search key maps to URL scan
VX ConnectBot aims to provide customizations for smartphones with a physical keyboard.
The following devices with a hardware keyboard are reported to work well without customization:
- ASUS Transformer Prime (TF201)
- Motorola Droid 4 (XT894)
Currently, there are keymap customizations for the following smartphones:
- Full hardware keyboard (e.g. bluetooth keyboard)
- Asus Terminator Pad Series Mobile Dock
- Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia pro (MK16i))
- Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro (SK17i)
Individual key mappings can be viewed here.
VX ConnectBot is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0
VX Connectbot on Android Market
vx-connectbot-1.7.1-29.apk (latest stable version, google play, requires Android 2.2 FROYO or newer)
vx-connectbot-1.7.1-20.apk (legacy version, requires Android 1.5 CUPCAKE or newer)
vx-connectbot-1.7.1-41-beta.apk (latest beta with ECDSA support, requires Android 3.0 HONEYCOMB or newer)
Please post bug and feature requests at GitHub
Source code is available at GitHub
You can contribute to VX ConnectBot in many ways:
- submit your own code changes or suggestions
- be a tester and debugger for new devices
- support future development by donating BTC, LTC or via PayPal
- BTC: 1B9FwKVcbUPtmEkjYRiyGbU5AZTF5tKqTP
- LTC: LT3L5NHd9ij6JRvfwQa14sDyDUoMNJfgAj
Copyright © 2012 Martin Matuška <martin dot matuska at vx dot sk>
This software is based on ConnectBot.
ConnectBot Copyright © 2007-2011 Kenny Root http://the-b.org, Jeffrey Sharkey http://jsharkey.org
Based in part on the Trilead SSH2 client, provided under a BSD-style license. Copyright © 2007 Trilead AG. http://www.trilead.com
Also based on JTA Telnet/SSH client, provided under the GPLv2 license. Copyright © Matthias L. Jugel, Marcus Meiner 1996-2005. http://www.javassh.org
Also based in part on the JSOCKS library, provided under the GNU LGPL license. © http://jsocks.sourceforge.net
Also based in part on JZlib provided under a BSD-style license. Copyright © JCraft, Inc., 2000-2004 http://www.jcraft.com
This software includes modifications from Irssiconnectbot developed by Iiro Uusitalo and Ville Kerminen.
This software includes the ssh-agent service developed by Roberto Tyley (https://github.com/rtyley)
SCP file transfer support is badsed on modifications by Kartikaya Gupta.
Internal file selection dialog is based on Android File Dialog by Alexander Ponomarev, provided under a BSD-style license.